Do you know how, Metaverse, also known as virtual reality, has had an impact on the event industry? According to a LinkedIn article by Enrico Gallorini, the initial forced digital shift in the event industry was not successful. After all real-life events returned, people started appreciating the importance of virtual events.
Smaller-scale events, such as business meetings and conferences, have benefited from the use of the metaverse. A blog post by Aventri notes that the metaverse helps bring people closer together in a remote setting, increasing engagement and company culture.
Metaverse is also changing how events are produced and how attendees interact with each other. As restrictions on large gatherings have lifted in many parts of the world, hybrid events have become more popular. A Gevme blog post explains that the metaverse will allow event professionals to take their events to a new level.
Virtual reality technology will make it possible for people to interact with each other in a virtual environment. Creating new opportunities for businesses and services, for us, Metaverse will impact our event industry in the following ways:
- Virtual events: The metaverse will enable event organizers to create entirely virtual events that can be accessed by attendees from anywhere in the world. These events will be highly immersive and interactive, allowing attendees to engage with each other and the content in a way that is similar to physical events.
- Hybrid events: The metaverse will also enable event organizers to create hybrid events that combine physical and virtual elements. Attendees will be able to participate in physical events while also accessing virtual components, such as virtual keynote speeches or virtual exhibits, through the metaverse.
- Increased audience reach: The metaverse will enable event organizers to reach a wider audience, as attendees will not be limited by geographical location. This will also make it easier for attendees to participate in events, as they will not have to travel to a physical location.
- Enhanced engagement: The metaverse will enable event organizers to create more engaging and interactive experiences for attendees. Attendees will be able to interact with each other, as well as with virtual elements such as virtual speakers, in real time.
- Cost savings: The metaverse will enable event organizers to reduce costs associated with physical events, such as venue rental and travel expenses.
Experts predict that the metaverse will revolutionize the event industry by allowing organizers to create virtual and hybrid events that are more engaging, interactive, and accessible to a broader audience.It will also bring cost savings and new opportunities for engagement.
Metaverse is still in its infancy, and there are many challenges that need to be overcome before it becomes a reality. However, with the rapid pace of technological advancement, it’s only a matter of time before we enter a world where the virtual and the real are seamlessly integrated.
If you want to learn more about how the metaverse can help your business stay at the forefront of innovation, we suggest you go to the Mobile World Congress, Europe’s biggest telco event run by GSMA. DDG can help with any demand-generation activities you need if you’d like to make the most of your experience there.